The church here in Spring Bay, IL was dedicated on June 2-4, 1905 as the ‘Memorial Church of the Evangelical Association’.
In October of 1922, the church was renamed ‘The Evangelical Church’ after a merger had taken place.
Then in 1947 the ‘Evangelical Church’ and the ‘United Brethren in Christ Church’ united to form the ‘Evangelical United Brethren Church’, thus the church became known as the ‘Spring Bay Evangelical Church’.
In 1950, there was a large influx of people in the area, so there was a need for a larger church.
Spring Bay was selected as the ‘Illinois Conference Mission Project’. The church building was remodeled and an education wing was added which was dedicated on September 16, 1951.
In 1957, another remodeling project took place: a full basement was dug, the entry was moved from the south west corner to the west, the direction of the sanctuary was moved from the north to the east and a new choir loft, chancel and pastor’s study was added. The building was rededicated on October 20, 1957.
Remodel Dedication 2006
In 1968 the ‘Methodist Church’ and the ‘Evangelical United Brethren Church’ merged to become the ‘United Methodist Church’ thus the church was named the ‘Spring Bay United Methodist Church’.
In 2006 a new sanctuary, kitchen, fellowship hall, elevator and bathrooms were added. All which are handicap accessible. The remodeled church was dedicated on December 10, 2006 with a new name ‘RiversEdge United Methodist Church’.